Origin of melL: see mildew
The definition of mel is very pure honey, often available at a pharmacy.
An example of mel is honey taken to help someone with allergies.
honey, esp. in the pure, clarified form used in pharmacy
From Latin mel (“honey").
- -mab is the base suffix common to all monoclonal antibodies. (See that entry for full paradigm.)
mel - Computer Definition
- The Bible, and Mel Gibson's film, show that someone outside the church had something very profound to say about Jesus.
- Tim Thompson, a veteran session player and live jazz musician, was awarded second place in the 2008 Fingerstyle Championship and has been featured in magazines like Mel Bay's Guitar Sessions, Wood and Steel, and Just Jazz Guitar.
- Mel Gibson visited Jay Leno (as one of his last guests before he signed off for good) to have a friendly chat with the veteran talk show host, when Gibson confirmed that his girlfriend, singer Oksana Grigorieva, is pregnant.
- Other notables in the early years include Carl Stalling, Sammy Cahn, Peggy Lee, Sonny Burke, George Bruns, Mel Leven, Leigh Harline, Ned Washington, Ray Gilbert, Roger Miller, Jerry Livingston, Al Hoffman, and Mack David.
- Mel Gibson soared to the A-list as an affable cinematic heavyweight with starring roles in Mad Max and Lethal Weapon, as well as directing and producing credits for Braveheart and The Passion of the Christ.