An example of meer is making reference to five dollars being a very small amount; a meer amount.
- A boundary.
(comparative meerer, superlative meerest)
- Isaac Watts
- And so we may have an ever-growing Idea of infinite Number as well as infinite Space or Emptiness, yet it is a meer Idea, and hath no real Existence without us.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Schif f " Pola " in das Mittelmeer and in das Rote Meer, Kais.
- Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke; Marches, Rakoczy, Goethe, Huldigung, " Vom Fels zum Meer " (for a military band); Ungarischer, Heroischer and Sturmmarsch; Le Triomphe funebre du Tasse; " Von der Wiege bis zum Grab "; six Hungarian rhapsodies; four marches; four songs, and Die Allmacht, by Schubert.
- D?.Meer 106 .Medemblik Enkhuizen Vollenhove8 t?
- In the west the only lakes of importance are the Steinhuder Meer, 14 m.
- The principal lakes are Tjeuke Meer, Sloter Meer, De Fluessen and Sneeker Meer.