Origin of mangaJpn, random pictures
Manga is defined as Japanese comics or graphic novels for adults where characters often have large eyes.
An example of manga is One Piece.
a Japanese genre consisting of comic books and graphic novels, typically black-and-white and featuring stylized characters with large, round eyes
such comic books and graphic novels
A style of comic strip or comic book originally developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art and often adult themes.
Origin of mangaJapanese man unrestrained, careless ( from Early Middle Chinese manh ) ( also the source of Mandarin màn ) ga sketch, picture ( borrowed after the Middle Chinese period from a Chinese source, perhaps Mandarin hu´ ) ( from Middle Chinese x&hhook;wa&tricolon;j` )
(countable and uncountable, plural manga or mangas)
- (countable) A comic originating in Japan.
- (uncountable) An artistic style heavily used in, and associated with, Japanese comics, and that has also been adopted by a comparatively low number of comics from other countries.
- (rare, countable, chiefly proscribed by fandom slang) A comic in manga style, regardless of the country of origin.
- Lately I've been reading a Brazilian manga.
- You can read manga, watch Naruto episodes on Cartoon Network, collect Naruto cards or check out people playing Naruto on YouTube.
- You can usually find the CD in the same places where you would go to buy anime DVDs and manga comic books, but if you don't live in or near a major metropolitan area, this can be quite the journey in an of itself.
- Dragonball and Dragonball Z are popular manga and anime stories originally created by Akira Toriyama in the early-mid 1980's.
- Japanese popular culture also shows the importance of dragons, which are featured in manga, anime, video games, and films.
- There are several characters with distinctive eyes in the Japanese manga and on the subsequent ''Naruto'' anime cartoon.