- living at the place where one is employed, esp. in domestic service: a live-in housekeeper
- Informal designating a person who lives at the residence of his or her sexual partner without being married: a live-in girlfriend
The definition of live in is someone who resides in your home with you permanently or on a full time basis.
An example of a live in housekeeper is someone who has a room where she sleeps in your home and who stays there on a permanent basis.
Informal a live-in person
- Residing in the place where one is employed: a live-in cook.
- Residing together with another, especially in a sexual relationship.
- If you have family or friends who feel comfortable staying at your home, it's best to have live-in help for a while.
- Although many employers do offer employee assistance programs with substance abuse counseling, child care, and family/marriage counseling, divorced parents, working stepparents, and working live-in partners rarely seek counseling.
- It may include a short-term companion to assist an elderly loved one while they recuperate from surgery, or may be a long-term live-in situation for someone who has no guardian and needs help with day-to-day living.
- Many families looking for a nanny or au pair are willing to work around a college student's schedule, and sometimes you can even find a live-in position to lower your cost of attending school even further.
- The first season of this popular show spotlighted life in the Playboy Mansion for Hefner's three live-in girlfriends: Holly Madison, Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson.