- region in NW Spain: from the 10th cent., a kingdom which united with Castile (1037-1157), separated (1157-1230), and permanently united with Castile (1230)
- city in this region
- city in central Mexico, in Guanajuato statein full León de los Al·da·mas
- city in W Nicaragua
- A historical region and former kingdom of northwest Spain. United first with Asturias (eighth-ninth century), it was conquered by Castile in 1037, became independent in 1157, and was rejoined with Castile in 1230.
- A city of central Mexico east-northeast of Guadalajara. It was founded in the 1570s and today is a commercial and industrial center in a rich mining area.x
- A city of northwest Spain at the foot of the Cantabrian Mountains south-southeast of Oviedo. The capital of the medieval kingdom of León, it is now a popular tourist center.x
- A male given name, a Greek form of Leo, or Anglicized from the French LÃ©on or Spanish LeÃ³n.