- happening at regular intervals
- happening at the same time; isochronal
- (computing) of or pertaining to the use of clocks derived from the same clock reference
- Their entire national telephone network is isochronous, with a clock distribution tree radiating from a single, protected cesium reference clock.
- (computing) of or pertaining to data associated with time sensitive application
- These packets belong to an isochronous voice application and need priority handling.
From Ancient Greek á¼´ÏƒÎ¿Ï‚ (isos, “equal") + Ancient Greek Ï‡ÏÏŒÎ½Î¿Ï‚ (chrÃ³nos) + -ous