- (music) An abrupt change in elements, with continuation of the first idea.
- (mathematics, sciences) the process of estimating the value of a function at a point from its values at nearby points.
- (computing) The process of including and processing externally-fetched data in a document or program; see interpolate.
- That which is introduced or inserted, especially something foreign or spurious.
- Bentley wrote a letter [...] upon the scriptural glosses in our present copies of Hesychius, which he considered interpolations from a later hand. "” De Quincey.