The definition of an interment is a burial.
An example of an interment is the burial of a person after a funeral mass.
The act or ritual of interring or burying.
- In 1667, the oration at the interment was forbidden by royal order.
- 354, shows that interment in them was even then rare if it had not been altogether discontinued; and the poet Prudentius's description of the tomb of the Christian martyr Hippolytus, and the cemetery in which it stood, leads us to the same conclusion.
- The mode of interment, however, is the same as that practised in Rome, and the loculi and arcosolia differ by little in the two.
- He died in 1357 at Perugia, where a magnificent monument recorded the interment of his remains in the church of San Francisco, by the simple inscription of "Ossa Bartoli."
- They contain clear indication of the interment of martyrs.