Origin of inaudibleLate Latin inaudibilis
A dog whistle is inaudible to the human ear.
The definition of inaudible is something that can't be heard.
An example of something inaudible is a dog whistle to a human.
Impossible to hear: an inaudible conversation.
in- + audible
- Very simply speaking, it does this by deleting all of the extraneous digital information, inaudible to our ears, keeping only the stuff we actually hear.
- The sound was nearly inaudible but both stopped and listened attentively.
- Before Dean could answer, there was an almost inaudible knock at the door.
- "Allow me to look at your purse," he said in a low, almost inaudible, voice.
- Should be inaudible by an ear placed in the water.