Origin of homesickback-formation from homesickness, 18th-c. rendering of German heimweh
The definition of homesick is missing your family and the place you came from.
A traveler who is constantly missing family and friends is an example of homesick.
Acutely longing for one's family or home.
- Fans discovered that guitarist Graeme Kelling was fighting a losing battle against cancer in October of 2000 but he continued to contribute to the upcoming new album 'Homesick', which was released in mid 2001.
- A perfect early example of one is the 1966 film of Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues".
- Both grew homesick for Georgia, however, so they transferred to Emory.
- A Wubbzy backpack is the perfect tool for carrying a little one's bedtime essentials to granny's house, and a Wubbzy cuddle pillow and blanket will soothe any homesick feelings at bedtime.
- Ultimate Guitar - Ultimate Guitar is one of the oldest, most established tab sites on the Internet, and they have over 50 Mercy Me tabs listed including Homesick, I Can Only Imagine and So Long Self.