Known as “the Father of History.” Fifth century BC
Greek historian whose writings on the Persian Wars are among the earliest known works of narrative history.
- An ancient historian who lived from 484 to 425 BC.
From Latin Herodotus, from Ancient Greek Ἡρόδοτος (Hērodotos).
- Rawlinson, Herodotus, bk.
- Of the Scythia of Herodotus (iv.
- According to Herodotus (ii.
- PHARAOH (Par`oh), the Hebraized title of the king of Egypt, in Egyptian Per-`o; Pheron in Herodotus represents the same.
- They lived in comparative quietude; although Herodotus knows the Palestinian coast he does not mention the Jews.