A man who steers a ship.
- She held the same position as her father of helmsman.
- Harlan Band (Walter Emanuel Jones), Earther, helmsman and all-around big-headed jerk.
- The next halting-places were the country of the Maryandini, where the helmsman Tiphys died, and the land of the Amazons on the banks of the Thermodon.
- In the Argonautic expedition, after the death of Tiphys, helmsman of the "Argo," he took his place.
- Horizontal rays of light entering at the top were reflected by a prism down the tube and focussed on to a sheet of paper in front of the helmsman inside the submarine.