Having a wooden framework, often exposed, with brick, stone, wattle and daub, or other material filling the spaces.
- Alternative spelling of half-timbered.
- (architecture) Describes a building constructed using timber framing methods.
- The grammar school was founded in 1614; it occupies modern buildings, but the original house remains, a picturesque half-timbered building, raised upon pillars of wood.
- There are many fine half-timbered houses of the 17th century, and one of seven old town-gates remains.
- The picturesque half-timbered style of domestic building is frequently seen in the streets.
- The former abbot's house at Seyney Park is a half-timbered building of the 15th century.
- There remain several picturesque half-timbered houses, dating from 1572 and later.