- the act of guessing
- a judgment, result, etc. arrived at by guessing
Guesswork is defined as the act of predicting or estimating.
An example of guesswork is trying to figure out a mystery without complete clues and evidence.
- The process of making guesses.
- An estimate or judgment made by guessing.
- Even though it may be your first experience with setting up a business, career coaching professionals who have experience guiding new business owners through the start-up phase can take the guesswork out of making important decisions.
- Consultants should also have working relationships with a variety of businesses, which can take some of the guesswork out of deciding on a particular contractor or equipment supplier for the project.
- Instead of having to inspect every square inch of your face for mishaps after the foundation is dry, women using powder foundation are able to take the guesswork out of their concealer.
- Custom Ink helps take some of the guesswork out of picking the right fabric and style by providing links to specialists who can give you a better idea of what each shirt is like.
- Mehron, a professional theatre makeup company, has prepackaged Halloween makeup kits for sale that include a variety of colors and take the guesswork out of which shades to buy.