- Tushin rose and, buttoning his greatcoat and pulling it straight, walked away from the fire.
- He wore a greatcoat in midsummer, being affected with the trembling delirium, and his face was the color of carmine.
- What is this? shouted the regimental commander, thrusting forward his jaw and pointing at a soldier in the ranks of the third company in a greatcoat of bluish cloth, which contrasted with the others.
- Dolokhov, who had already changed into a soldier's gray greatcoat, did not wait to be called.
- But at that instant a tall Austrian general in a greatcoat, with the order of Maria Theresa on his neck and a black bandage round his head, who had evidently just arrived, entered quickly, slamming the door.