One that grates, as an implement with sharp-edged slits and perforations on which to grate foods.
From Old French grateor. See grate.
- Grate your soap with a kitchen grater and place the shavings into a blender.
- Pasta - Toss in a variety of pastas, assorted sauces, wine, cheeses, a cheese grater, crusty bread, and dipping sauce in a colorful ceramic bowl suitable for serving the completed meal.
- Centrifugal juicers: These electric juicers contain a grater or fast spinning blade, a basket to catch the pulp, and a strainer.
- Using a sharp peeler, grater or knife, remove the yellow rinds, and take care to separate it from the white pith beneath it.
- Use a cheese grater to grate several bars of soap until you end up with a total of four cups of grated soap.