- an unintentional revelation or betrayal
- something given free or sold cheap so as to attract customers, etc.
- an instance of giving something away free or for inadequate compensation
- a radio or television program in which prizes are given to contestants
- An inadvertent revealing of something that is not otherwise evident or is meant to be concealed: Pulling at his ear was a giveaway that he was bluffing at cards.
- a. The act or an instance of giving something away or for inadequate compensation: the giveaway of free tickets to the concert; a government giveaway of offshore oil reserves to oil companies.b. Something that is given away at no charge: giveaways like free toasters for opening a bank account.
- A promotion or contest in which prizes are given away.
- Sports The act or an instance of losing possession of the ball or puck to the opposing team, as by a misdirected pass.
- a. Legislation, such as a tax law, that benefits only one segment of the population.b. The appropriation of natural resources or public lands for private gain.
- The verb to give away, is two words.