Origin of garniFr, past participle of garnir, to garnish
The definition of garni is short for garnished and is food or a plate that has been topped with decorative food.
An example of garni is a plate of pasta with chopped parsley sprinkled on the outside edges.
- A bouquet garni is a small piece of cheesecloth that has rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, and cloves in it.
- Sausages, kraut, and beer are common, and may be combined in dishes like choucroute garni.
- Making a bouquet garni is a simple trick that adds flavor to the dish.
- Remove the veal from the pot and discard the bouquet garni.
- Add the bouquet garni and the tomato paste.