- a device, usually mounted on a small vehicle, for lifting, stacking, etc. heavy objects: it consists typically of projecting prongs that are slid under the load and then raised or lowered
- a vehicle equipped with such a device
to lift or raise (pallets, etc.) in this way
A small industrial vehicle with a power-operated pronged platform that can be raised and lowered for insertion under a load to be lifted and moved.
transitive verbfork·lift·ed, fork·lift·ing, fork·lifts
To move or stack by use of such a vehicle.
- Additional specialized training is required for many workers, such as forklift operators and individuals who work in confined spaces.
- Check the Community Forklift website to determine when and where to drop off goods.
- Another organization collecting building materials is Community Forklift.
- Who do you think makes more money: the person who hauls bricks on his back or the person who operates the forklift that moves the bricks?