- of or having to do with folk music, esp. as it is variously regarded as being soft or quiet, sensitively written or performed, etc.
- The definition of folky is something that is like folk music.
An example of folky is the music by the band Iron and Wine.
- Folky, also spelled folkie, is defined as a folk singer or someone who like folk music.
An example of a folky is Bob Dylan.
Variant of folkie
(comparative folkier, superlative folkiest)
- (music, informal) Having the character of folk music
- The band opened with a folky little number.
folk + -y
- It is punky and poppy, folky and thoughtful, and at times funny and full of passion that is clearly driven by something that does not quite feel like sadness and that is not quite hardcore enough to be called rage.
- Well, she's chucked that folky pop songstress thing out in favor of hip hop sex pot, thanks to the likes of Timbaland and Justin Timberlake, and the public has said "yes, please" to this new sound.