- a person or thing that fixes
- Informal a person who pays bribes or uses personal influence to manipulate results, as in keeping others from being punished for illegal acts
Origin of fixersee fix, nounSlang a person who sells narcotics illegally to addicts
- One that fixes: a fixer of radios.
- Informal A person who uses influence or makes arrangements for another, especially by improper or unlawful means.
- A chemical preservative used to fix a photographic image.
- Agent noun of fix; one who, or that which, fixes.
- (photography) A chemical (sodium thiosulfate) used in photographic development that fixes the image in place, preventing further chemical reactions.
- (Criminal justice, law, and underworld) A person who arranges immunity for defendants by tampering with the justice system via bribery or extortion, especially as a business endeavor for profit.
- (journalism) A person who assists foreign journalists in volatile countries, they often provide interpretation, personal connections, and transportation as a service.
- The value of the fixer upper after the repairs are done must be the same or higher than the amount of the loan.
- Fixer Upper Loans: FHA loans are available for properties that are purchased with the intent of fixing them up.
- Contact FHA for more information regarding the 203(k) mortgage program for fixer upper loans.
- I want to buy a home "fixer upper" I don't think it will pass a home inspection.