- the part of a room near a fireplace or hearth
- the home or domestic life
- The area immediately surrounding a fireplace or hearth.
- A home.
At or as if at a fireside: a fireside chat.
- Pampering yourself during the coldest months of the year is about more than just sipping hot cocoa and sitting by the fireside - it's also about cluing yourself in to a few winter skin secrets!
- Other fragrances in this collection include "Christmas Tree", "Pomegranate Ice", "Snowberry", "Cozy Fireside", "Winter Wonderland", "Spruce Citrus", "Holiday Kiss", and "Red Chili Masala".
- The 140 character Twitter posts represent a significant departure from the wordy Fireside Chats of President Roosevelt.
- Like the wasps, before I finally went into winter quarters in November, I used to resort to the northeast side of Walden, which the sun, reflected from the pitch pine woods and the stony shore, made the fireside of the pond; it is so much pleasanter and wholesomer to be warmed by the sun while you can be, than by an artificial fire.
- I weathered some merry snow-storms, and spent some cheerful winter evenings by my fireside, while the snow whirled wildly without, and even the hooting of the owl was hushed.