Origin of fashionistafashion + Spanish -ista, -ist
The definition of a fashionista is someone who is focused on clothing, style and fashion shopping.
An example of a fashionista is a celebrity stylist.
Informal a person who sets or eagerly follows the latest trends as in clothing and accessories: often a humorous or derisive term
One who designs, models, or markets high-fashion clothing or who is an ardent follower or consumer of the latest clothing fashions.
Origin of fashionistafashion -ista
- If you're a budget-conscious fashionista scouring eBay for deals on high-end European footwear, you'll need to know how to spot fake Louis Vuitton shoes before you reach for your credit card.
- In the big cities, like the fashionista center of Milan and busy Rome, it would be very common to find modern kitchens filled with sleek appliances and clean lines, and in newer Italian flats, kitchens can be very basic and plain.
- Her blog has become one of the top fashion blogs on the Internet, and her first book How To Be A Budget Fashionista: The Ultimate Guide to Looking Fabulous for Less is a bestseller.
- The disparity between dressy casual and office wear may seem slight to the layperson, but to the trained fashionista it makes all the difference between jeans with a Twill22 jacket to button-up shirts with a Theory pencil skirt.
- Regardless of whether the look is aviator, supermodel walking the runway, or you are in a mood to wear your sunglasses at night to show your socialite fashionista side, Cavalli has something for you.