Origin of facedownfrom face down (see phrase under face)
with the face or front turned downward
a confrontation between rivals or opponents
- Once you've pulled the aces off, flip over any facedown cards that are now exposed.Now take a look at the remaining faceup cards, excluding the ones in the finish piles.
- Prop yourself up facedown on your toes (feet together) and elbows, so that your entire body is suspended a foot or so off the floor.
- Place yourself facedown just above the floor, propping yourself up only on your toes and elbows/forearms.
- Turn facedown so that you rest entirely on your toes and elbows/forearms with a straight back.
- Place yourself facedown just above the floor, propping yourself up on your hands and toes.