A moorland plateau of southwest England. It is a popular tourist area with notable prehistoric ruins.
- EXMOOR FOREST, a high moorland in Somersetshire and Devonshire, England.
- The area thus defined, however, includes not only Exmoor but the Brendon and Quantock Hills east of it.
- Large tracts are still uncultivated; and the wild red deer and native Exmoor pony are characteristic of the district.
- Exmoor is noted for its stag hunting.
- Of Lynmouth, a fine projection of the highlands of Exmoor Forest, overlooking the Bristol Channel, and forming the most northerly point of the county.