ESPN is an acronym for Empire and Sports Programming Network, and is defined as an American cable television network that broadcasts sports-related shows and sporting events.
An example of ESPN is a cable network that plays live and taped sporting events.
Entertainment and Sports Programming Network
- (media, US) Initialism of Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.
- Like other fantasy sports, online fantasy basketball is a game in which people join leagues at popular sites, like ESPN, and participate either with friends they invite or with other fantasy basketball enthusiasts nationwide.
- Their lock-up of the NFL and NFL Players Association licenses, combined with an exclusive license to use the ESPN Football personalities will only cement their position as the leader in publishing football video games.
- You'll be able to read the beginning of many excellent feature stories and statistical pages, but if you want the rest of the information, you'll have to subscribe to ESPN Insider.
- If you play in a keeper league - a league that keeps one or two players from your current roster to begin the next season - ESPN Fantasy Football Keepers is an invaluable resource.
- When you play online, your league, regardless of which sport your participate in, drafts and plays its season using an Internet host, such as Yahoo, ESPN or CBS SportsLine.com.