- simple past tense and past participle of ensconce
A sick child ensconced in bed.
Ensconced is defined as placed firmly or comfortably.
An example of ensconced is when a sick child is comfortably stuck in bed for the day.
- The Piazza del Museo marks the site of the forum, and the museum on its north side is ensconced in a Corinthian temple with three cellae, by some attributed to Hercules, but more probably the Capitolium of the city, erected by Vespasian in A.D.
- I am thankfully ensconced in my perfect house on wheels, mended in body but seething in mind.
- From the Turkish lines, ensconced in carefully-constructed trenches in the rocks.
- Years from now, when he was comfortably ensconced in his Ouray, Colorado bed and breakfast, he'd often look back on this day as the turning point in his life, but for now it was only the start of yet another five work days.
- Pietro e Cesareo, fronting upon it, is ensconced in.a temple of Rome and Augustus, part of the side wall of which, with engaged columns, is still visible.