- a person who acts in a mechanical, unimaginative way; automaton; robot
- An example of adroid is a mechanical person who acts like a robot.
- An example of adroid is a robot.
droid - Computer Definition
(1) Slang for Android.
(2) The first Android phone to support Verizon's CDMA cellular technology. All prior Androids were GSM phones. Made by Motorola and introduced in late 2009, the DROID featured a physical keyboard for people who prefer real keys. It was also the first Android with free Google navigation software, and the stocks of GPS vendors took a hit the day after the announcement. The second generation of the DROID added features from the DROID X. See Android and DROID X.
- When choosing a Droid Incredible vs iPhone, consider the type of applications you use most often, which company your existing accessories are compatible with, and whether you want to side with Apple or Google for long term usability.
- This is basically the same smartphone as the Motorola DROID 2 with its touchscreen display and slide-out QWERTY keyboard, but this version has been outfitted with an array of Star Wars-themed accessories and customizations.
- Available through Verizon Wireless, the HTC Droid Incredible features a unique design, a very large touchscreen display, and plenty of horsepower to perform just about any task you require from your chosen smartphone.
- He also has encyclopedic informations on cultural mores across the galaxy - just the droid you would want at your side to keep you from committing the odd destruction-of-your-race faux pas when dealing with aliens.
- Motorola and HTC seem to have put genuine thought into the user experience, with Motorola even addressing several of the minor issues (flat keys, clunky exterior) with the Droid X in the design of the Droid 2.