- of, from, or associated with a rural, esp. Southern, area
- having characteristics associated with rural people; simple, warm, direct, etc.
The definition of down-home is having comforting qualities like a country home.
A meal of fried chicken and grits is an example of a meal that is down-home.
Of, relating to, or reminiscent of a simple, wholesome, unpretentious lifestyle, especially that associated with the rural southern United States.
(comparative more downhome, superlative most downhome)
- Alternative form of down-home.
- While some people may associate the holidays with their finest fashions, others may want a more personal, down-home feel to their holidays.
- This is a yummy appetizer that will please just about anyone with its down-home appeal.
- Cornbread & Butterbeans - Classic down-home country/bluegrass.