An example of the Dow is a stock market index that was named after Charles Dow, the Wall Street Journal editor, and Edward Jones, a statistician.
(third-person singular simple present dows, present participle dowing, simple past and past participle dowed or dought)
Old English dugan, from Proto-Germanic *duganą. Cognate with Dutch deugen, German taugen, Swedish duga.
(third-person singular simple present dows, present participle dowing, simple past and past participle dowed)
- Alternative form of dhow.
- A surname.
- Dow Jones Average
dow - Computer Definition
- You can use Dow Bathroom cleaner on some stains for breaking down hard proteins and making it easier to clean.
- For example, at the 2009 conference held from June 25 through June 26 in Los Angeles, top executives from leading Fortune 100 firms gave presentations, including Wal-Mart, Dow Jones, Sun Microsystems and Google.
- Perhaps equivalent to the Great Depression of World Wide Web history, the Dot Com industry suffered historical losses after three years of unprecedented financial gains on the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Karen Kosiba - Also a meteorologist, Kosiba works with Cheresnick in the DOW and helps with navigation.
- Lorenzo Dow (1777-1834), an eccentric American Methodist revivalist, visited North Staffordshire and spoke of the campmeetings held in America, with the result that on the 31st of May 1807 the first real English gathering of the kind was held on Mow Cop, since regarded as the Mecca of Primitive Methodism.