An example of the Dow is a stock market index that was named after Charles Dow, the Wall Street Journal editor, and Edward Jones, a statistician.
(third-person singular simple present dows, present participle dowing, simple past and past participle dowed or dought)
Old English dugan, from Proto-Germanic *duganą. Cognate with Dutch deugen, German taugen, Swedish duga.
(third-person singular simple present dows, present participle dowing, simple past and past participle dowed)
- Alternative form of dhow.
- A surname.
- Dow Jones Average
dow - Computer Definition
- For example, at the 2009 conference held from June 25 through June 26 in Los Angeles, top executives from leading Fortune 100 firms gave presentations, including Wal-Mart, Dow Jones, Sun Microsystems and Google.
- Perhaps equivalent to the Great Depression of World Wide Web history, the Dot Com industry suffered historical losses after three years of unprecedented financial gains on the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- You can use Dow Bathroom cleaner on some stains for breaking down hard proteins and making it easier to clean.
- Karen Kosiba - Also a meteorologist, Kosiba works with Cheresnick in the DOW and helps with navigation.
- Like Kepler and all his contemporaries he believed in astrology, and he certainly also had some faith in the power of magic, for there is extant a deed written in his own handwriting containing a contract between himself and Robert Logan of Restalrig, a turbulent baron of desperate character, by which Napier undertakes "to serche and sik out, and be al craft and ingyne that he dow, to tempt, trye, and find out" some buried treasure supposed to be hidden in Logan's fortress at Fastcastle, in consideration of receiving one-third part of the treasure found by his aid.