Origin of dobberfrom Dutch dobber
- (US) A tool used to play bingo; a dauber.
- (UK, derogatory) A member of the working class in Scotland who is seen as undereducated, with poor taste, especially in clothes, and poor social skills; closely connected to chav.
- (Australia, UK, derogatory) One who dobs (informs against or implicates to authority).
- Nikki is such a dobber, she told the teacher that I hit Karen in the playground.
- (UK, informal) Any small electronic device that plugs directly into a larger one, such as a wireless scoring system in fencing or a USB mass storage device.
- (UK, chiefly dialect) A large marble.
- (US, regional) A float (as used by an angler).
- A dabchick.