Disused is defined as obsolete, or no longer being used.
Walkmans and VCRs are an example of products that aredisused.
no longer used
(comparative more disused, superlative most disused)
- no longer in use
- This line, now disused, had itself superseded the overland route organized by Lieut.
- The town is ancient; there is a disused convent church with tombs of the 17th century, and the Vor-Frelsers-Kirke has a carved pulpit of the same period.
- Dalkey Island, lying off the town, has an ancient ruined chapel, of the history of which nothing is certainly known, and a disused battery, which protected the harbour, a landing-place of some former importance.
- It was here that, on his invitation, James Watt constructed a model of his steam-engine, which was tested in a now disused colliery.
- Its public buildings include a court-house, the prison for the south-west of Scotland, and an observatory and museum, housed in a disused windmill.