The definition of disconcerting is embarrassing, frustrating or confusing.
An example of something disconcerting is the knowledge that there is a hole in your pants.
- His capricious humour elevated and deposed them with the same disconcerting suddenness.
- Nothing could well be more disconcerting than such a revelation as this.
- Maybe this is what he needed, especially after the disconcerting talk with Eden the prior day.
- Snarling at each like dogs on a soup bone is just as disconcerting as keeping secrets.
- She heard disconcerting sounds of heavy weapons fire in the distance, and the forest smelled as if it were burning.