Demeanour is defined as an alternative spelling of demeanor, which refers to your general personality and the way you behave.
A person who is generally friendly and kind to everyone he or she meets is an example of someone with a friendly demeanour.
- Annoyed by Whitworth's imperturbable demeanour, he ended with these words: "You must respect treaties, then: woe to those who do not respect treaties.
- In demeanour he was quiet, reserved and tactful, but when occasion called for it he proved himself a brilliant orator.
- Henceforward, however, he assumed a stoical demeanour, which, united to a policy tyrannical and pitilessly thorough, became the characteristic of his life.
- The queen found relief in the quiet and respectful demeanour of her attendant, and gradually came to prefer her society to that of the termagant and tempestuous duchess.
- Youths and maidens maintain towards each other a demeanour of reserve and even indifference, from which it has been confidently affirmed that love does not exist in Japan.