- A round close-fitting neckline.
- often crew·neck A garment, especially a sweater, with such a neckline.
Origin of crew neckFrom the wearing of similarly styled sweaters by rowers
- Referring to the collar of pullover garments, where the collar circles the neck, usually of sweaters and T-shirts. Often crew necked.
- Occasionally, a collar whose front is meant to ride up onto the neck, sometimes to Adam's apple level, more often termed as high crew.
(plural crew necks)
- Any garment with a crew neck.