The definition of contextual is depending on the context, or surrounding words, phrases, and paragraphs, of the writing.
An example of contextual is how the word "read" can have two different meanings depending upon what words are around it.
Of, involving, or depending on a context.
(comparative more contextual, superlative most contextual)
context + -ual.
- I continued to read, looking for any contextual cues.
- Portes, Pedro R., et al. "Understanding Adolescent Suicide: A Psycho-social Interpretation of Developmental and Contextual Factors."
- Puzzles can be solved with single solutions, but novices should not fear since contextual clues abound.
- Too many advertisements may detour some visitors, especially popup, contextual, and under-the-page ads.
- Other families view modesty within a contextual framework of numerous factors.