the fruit of the coconut palm, consisting of a thick, fibrous, brown, oval husk under which there is a thin, hard shell enclosing a layer of edible white meat
- The fruit of the coconut palm, consisting of a fibrous husk surrounding a large seed.
- The large, brown, hard-shelled seed of the coconut, containing white flesh surrounding a partially fluid-filled central cavity.
- The edible white flesh of the coconut, often shredded and used in food and confections or for the extraction of coconut oil.
- A coconut palm.
Origin of coconutPortuguese coco pumpkin or other object carved with a face used to scare children, goblin, coconut ( since the three indentations on the base of a coconut suggest the eyes and mouth of a goblin; probably from Late Latin coccum shell ; see cocoon . ) nut
(countable and uncountable, plural coconuts)
- A fruit of the coconut palm (not a true nut), Cocos nucifera, having a fibrous husk surrounding a large seed.
- A hard-shelled seed of this fruit, having white flesh and a fluid-filled central cavity.
- (uncountable) The edible white flesh of this fruit.
- The coconut palm.
- (pejorative, ethnic slur) A Hispanic or dark-skinned person who acts “white” (Caucasian), alluding to the fact that a coconut is brown on the outside and white on the inside. Compare banana (“East Asian who acts white”).
- (South Africa, pejorative) A black person who thinks "white" (European). Compare banana (“East Asian who acts white”).
- (New Zealand, pejorative) A Pacific islander.
- (slang) A female breast.
- This handmade soap is infused with herbs and includes organic oatmeal, organic pal, olive, and coconut oils, calendula, chickweed, plantain, essential tea tree oils, lavender, and other all-natural organic substances.
- While the initial idea of a homemade bikini might sound like a joke having to do with coconut shells, a person who has some sewing skills can actually make herself a great swimsuit that is guaranteed to be unique.
- The second pair of swim shorts here that you may want to turn you eye towards is also from the Surf N Turf collection, but this one is done in a blue print; a tropical scene that is awash in deep blue seas and swaying coconut tress.
- This gentle cleansing bar has a light lavender sent and is made with organic palm, coconut, olive, and palm kernel oils, natural lavender essential oil blend, organic lavender oil, aloe vera, and rosemary extract.
- According to the second plan, the ordinary oil is treated as for the preparation of a curd soap, and to this the coconut soap separately saponified is added in the pan and both are boiled together till they form a homogeneous soap.