- surrounding or near either pole of the earth
- Astron. moving around either of the celestial poles: said of celestial objects, esp. stars, which never sink below the horizon
- Located or found in one of the Polar Regions.
- Astronomy Denoting a star that from a given observer's latitude never sets below the horizon.
- Located or found in one of Earth's polar regions.
- Denoting a star that from a given observer's latitude does not go below the horizon during its diurnal motion. The closer an observer is to one of the poles, the greater the portion of the sky that contains circumpolar stars. At the pole itself, all stars are circumpolar.
circum- + polar