a conveyor consisting of a number of seats suspended from a power-driven endless cable, used esp. to carry skiers up a mountain slope
A mechanized, cable-suspended, aerial chair assembly used to transport skiers up or down a mountain slope.
- Elan's further development of the shaped ski, as well as enhancements in chairlift, grooming and snow making technology have added to the popularity of modern skiing.
- It's a map with a GPS which lets you know where you are on the mountain and where to find the nearest restaurant, restroom, chairlift or easier trail.
- One quad chairlift, two triple chairs, two double chairs and two rope tows transport skiers and snowboarders up its 45 runs.
- Adjustable Elevation: Unlike alpine skiing, which uses a chairlift, Nordic skiers earn their turns by climbing hills.
- You can take the Boyne Mountain chairlift, and ski down some of the trails designated for cross-country skiing.