- a kind of handspring performed sideways, with the arms and legs extended: often an optional exercise in gymnastic competition
- Slang a large coin, esp. a silver dollar
to perform cartwheels
A handspring in which the body turns over sideways with the arms and legs spread like the spokes of a wheel.
intransitive verbcart·wheeled, cart·wheel·ing, cart·wheels
To execute a cartwheel.
(third-person singular simple present cartwheels, present participle cartwheeling, simple past and past participle cartwheeled)
- To perform the gymnastics feat of a cartwheel.
- To flip end over end.
- The race car hit a bump and cartwheeled over the finish line.
- We have also found a great product that we recommend to all our clients is to consider using interlocking mat tiles from The Cartwheel Factory for a portion of the floor and to either carpet or hardwood on the rest of the floor.
- New York: Cartwheel Books/Scholastic, 2000.