The definition of cardiovascular is something that relates to the heart and blood vessels.
An example of something cardiovascular is heart disease; cardiovascular disease.
Of, relating to, or involving the heart and the blood vessels: cardiovascular disease.
Relating to or involving the heart and blood vessels.
cardiovascular - Medical Definition
Relating to or involving the heart and the blood vessels: cardiovascular disease.
- During exercise and for several hours afterward, your metabolic pathways suppress the synthesis of new proteins while your muscle cells and cardiovascular system are busy responding to the the energy demands of physical activity.
- These groups have not been studied as extensively as cigarette smokers, but there is evidence that they may be at a slightly lower risk of cardiovascular problems but a higher risk of cancer and various types of circulatory conditions.
- People with congenital cardiovascular defects have an increased risk of developing bacterial endocarditis, so preventive antibiotics are prescribed before surgery, invasive tests or procedures, and dental work to reduce this risk.
- So that the proper treatment can be provided in the event of an emergency, children with congenital cardiovascular defects should wear a medical identification bracelet or necklace to alert healthcare providers of their condition.
- Gaining fat around your belly is one of the worse areas of the body to add fat; this increase in belly fat can lead to a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, some types of cancers like breast cancer and colorectal cancer and diabetes.