cardinal numbercardinal number
(plural cardinal numbers)
- A number used to denote quantity; a counting number.
- The smallest cardinal numbers are 0, 1, 2, and 3.
- The cardinal number "three" can be represented as "3" or "three".
- (mathematics) A generalized kind of number used to denote the size of a set, including infinite sets.
- (grammar) A word that expresses a countable quantity; a cardinal numeral.
- "Three" is a cardinal number, while "third" is an ordinal number.
- attributive form of cardinal number, noun.