A city of southeast France on the Mediterranean Sea near Nice. It is a fashionable resort and the site of an annual international film festival.x
- A city in the south-east of France
- Lerinum (Lerins, off Cannes) had been made by Honoratus, afterwards bishop of Arles, the seat of a monastic community which produced a number of eminent churchmen, among them Hilary of Arles.
- On March 1 he landed near Cannes, and proceeded at once to march on Paris.
- He died at Cannes on the 6th of December 1882, and on the 12th of December received a state funeral in the cemetery of Pere-Lachaise.
- He went to the Riviera under medical advice, and died at Cannes on the 3rd of February 1888.
- The result was seen when, in the midst of the Cannes Conference in Jan.