- An example of candour is telling a friend they look like they've gained weight.
- An example of candour is not taking sides in an argument between two friends.
The definition of candour is the British spelling for candor, which means frank honesty or the quality of being impartial.
- His candour, enthusiasm and open tolerance of the opinions of others made him many warm friends and many fierce enemies.
- It displays considerable research and sagacity, and even when dealing with contemporary events gives a favourable impression, upon the whole, of the author's candour and truth.
- Meanwhile his extreme independence and excessive candour had alienated him from many of his party, and all through his life he was frequently in conflict with his political associates, from Gambetta downwards.
- These articles attracted much attention, and were distinguished by those qualities of solid learning, thorough investigation and candour of judgment which characterized all his writings.
- His rare thoroughness and rarer candour made it at once unnecessary and impossible that the work should be done again.