A baby waves bye bye
The definition of bye-bye is a baby-talk expression used when leaving or parting.
An example of bye-bye is when a mother has a baby wave and see daddy off to work. She might say "tell Daddy bye bye."
Used to express farewell.
- To bed; to sleep: “[Live Senate television is] a great way to go bye-bye. Pretty soon you're asleep” ( William Proxmire )
Origin of bye-byeReduplication of bye 2
- (informal, often childish) Goodbye.
- Let's also wave bye-bye to bleached blonde locks that stand out for miles.
- Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt is a short, interactive story about things a little boy and girl can do, such as pat the bunny, put on mommy's ring and wave bye-bye.
- Instead of the usual long and sorrowful goodbye, cheerfully let baby know you are going "bye-bye" and that s/he will have fun at daycare.