- of or like a bull
- of, causing, or resulting from expectations of higher prices for stocks, bonds, etc.
- An example of bullish is a large person who pushes people over while walking through a crowd.
- An example of bullish is a stock market average that rises over a long term.
The definition of bullish is like a bull, or a rising stock market average.
- a. Having a heavy muscular physique.b. Bullheaded.
- a. Causing, expecting, or characterized by rising stock market prices: “Cheaper energy is bullish because it stimulates growth” ( Eric Gelman )b. Optimistic or confident: bullish on the prospects of reaching a negotiated settlement.
(comparative more bullish, superlative most bullish)
bull + -ish