- a person or animal that builds
- a person in the business of constructing buildings
- an ingredient added to a soap or a detergent to increase its effectiveness
- One that builds, especially a person who contracts for and supervises the construction of a building.
- An abrasive or filler used in a soap or detergent.
- He was the builder of a famous and beautiful city called Bagdad.
- Only in two tnces, however, did a local god ever obtain wide acceptance se capacity of demiurge: Ptah of Memphis, who was famed n artist and master-builder, and Khnum of Elephantine, was said to have moulded mankind on the potters wheel.
- So rare were the ordinary comforts, and even necessities of life, that the latter had to take a prominent place from the beginning: the missionary had to be farmer, carpenter, brickmaker, tailor, printer, house and church builder, not only for himself but for his converts.
- The state is interested in the commercial railway venture as a matter of public policy, and because it can confer or withold the right of eminent domain, without which the railway builder would be subjected to endless annoyance and expense.
- 1-16) was originally distinct from Cain the city-builder (vv.