One car passes another at breakneck speed.
The definition of breakneck is something that is moving really, dangerously fast.
Driving at 100 miles per hour is an example of driving at breakneck speed.
- Dangerously fast: a breakneck pace.
- Likely to cause an accident: a breakneck curve.
(comparative more breakneck, superlative most breakneck)
- A fall that breaks the neck.
- A dangerous steep place from which one could fall.
- While you're flying down the rainy streets at breakneck speed, you can bob your head to Mudvayne, Queens of the Stone Age, and Unwritten Law.
- Wario Ware: Smooth Moves puts you (and a friend) in the driver's seat for a series of short mini-games played at breakneck speeds.
- In the higher-priced pool toy category are motorized torpedo launchers that shoot at their targets underwater at breakneck speed.
- Cell phone technology is progressing at a breakneck pace, and people are replacing their cell phones at an alarming rate.
- In essence, the 3D computer game features the penguin mascot racing down a ski hill at breakneck speeds.