Origin of braggartbrag + -art
- The definition of braggart is boastful.
An example of a braggart style is someone who has to boast to everyone, to the point of being offensive.
- Braggart is defined as someone who is always boasting or bragging.
A man who tells everyone how rich and successful he is all the time is an example of a braggart.
Origin of braggartFrench bragard from braguer to brag perhaps from Middle English braggen ; see brag .
- someone who boasts.
Old French bragard (“flaunting, vain, bragging”)
- You sound like a braggart, so you should try to be more humble.
- Sophie's friends called her a braggart when she told everyone about her perfect score on the spelling test.
- The braggart annoyed everyone around him with his boasting comments.
- His father is very arrogant, so that explains his tendencies to act like a braggart.
- His father is veryarrogant, so that explains his tendencies to act like a braggart.