A borough of southern England on the English Channel southwest of Southampton. It is a popular resort and fine-arts center.x
- Basingstoke, Winchester, Southampton, Bournemouth, &c. Extensive connexions in Surrey, Hampshire and the south-west, as far as North Cornwall.
- Gardner speaks of the Bournemouth flora as appearing to consist principally of trees or hard-wooded shrubs, comparatively few remains of the herbaceous vegetation being preserved.
- Accordingly, having disposed of Skerryvore, his house at Bournemouth, he sailed from London, with his wife, mother and stepson, for New York on the 17th of August 1887.
- Of Bournemouth by the Somerset & Dorset railway.
- He died at Bournemouth on the 10th of November 1898.